Hours and visitor guidelines
The Center is open on Fridays and Saturdays from 10 am to 5 pm, and Sundays from noon to 4 pm.
Please note, the Center will be closed Friday, December 24, through Sunday, December 26, 2021, and Saturday, January 1, 2022.
We are reducing risk by requiring everyone at the Center to wear a face mask and limiting the overall capacity of the building.
We have implemented daily staff health checks, established a more frequent cleaning schedule throughout the day, and provided hand-sanitizer stations around the Center.
We are committed to the health and safety of our visitors and staff and follow recommendations issued by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), State of Connecticut, and Yale University.
Important Visitor Guidelines
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell.
- Reserve your free ticket in advance. Have your ticket available for entry.
- Walk-in visitors may be accommodated as capacity restrictions permit.
- Don’t forget your mask! All visitors over the age of two years are required to wear a mask in the museum at all times.
- Hand sanitizer is also available at entrances and at stations throughout the Center.
- Please pack light and remember that some items—including large bags, backpacks, shopping bags, food, and drinks—are not permitted in the galleries.
- All tours are suspended until further notice, and we are not accepting group reservations at this time.
- Wheelchairs are available for visitors’ use. If you require a wheelchair, please inform a staff member upon your arrival.
- Printed materials are temporarily unavailable.
- The Museum Shop is open online. Our physical storefront is closed until further notice.
- The Reference Library and Study Room are open to Yale ID holders by appointment only.
- The Center reserves the right to cancel tickets on short notice if we are unexpectedly required to close the museum.
- We reserve the right to ask visitors who do not follow these guidelines to leave the Center.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Each of us plays a role in the Center’s safe reopening by adhering to these health and safety precautions.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact us.
The Yale University Art Gallery, located across the street from the Center, is also open for limited hours and requires free timed-entry tickets for admission. Please visit artgallery.yale.edu for more information.