Hours and visitor guidelines
The Yale Center for British Art is open Tuesdays through Saturdays from 10 am to 5 pm, and Sundays from noon to 5 pm. The museum is closed on Mondays (except for Yale Commencement), and on New Year's Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
The Yale Center for British Art is free and open to the public.
The following measures are in place to keep our community safe.
- Per Yale University policy, up-to-date COVID vaccination is required.
- Masking is recommended for individual visitors.
- Masking is required for class visits, groups, tours, programs, and in the Lecture Hall.
- These policies are subject to change based on the current public health situation.
Additional Health and Safety Guidelines
- We are committed to the health and safety of our visitors and staff and follow all Yale University policy.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the museum.
- Physical distancing of six feet must be maintained.
- Capacity is limited in accordance with University guidelines. Advance registration is not required.
- To help protect visitors and staff, please stay home if you are feeling unwell, are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past ten days.
- The policies are subject to change or reevaluation. We encourage you to check back here before your visit.
Additional Visitor Guidelines
Wheelchairs are available for visitors' use. If you require a wheelchair, please inform a staff member upon your arrival.
Backpacks, shopping bags, suitcases, umbrellas, and other large items are not permitted in the galleries. Lockers are available on the Lower Level.
No food or beverages are allowed in the galleries.
Noncommercial, non-flash photography is allowed unless otherwise noted.
Please do not touch the art.
The Museum Shop is open online. Our physical storefront is closed until further notice.
We reserve the right to ask visitors who do not follow these guidelines to leave the museum.